English- Year 10
W/C 18th January 2021
How writers use language to influence readers
15 preparation tasks with a summative assessment. Hard resources posted home; booklets available through Teams assignment.
Please complete the workbook on An Inspector Calls using the hard copy of the book. All activities should be completed and returned to school or shown via Microsoft Teams. Workbook is available through assignments on Microsoft Teams.
W/c 11th January 2021
For copies of the texts for lessons, CLICK HERE
Access ASSIGNMENTS on your Microsoft Teams account. Write the definitions for language techniques.
Read the first extract and annotate for different techniques used.
Answer the 'Analysis' questions 1-3.
W/c 4th January 2021
1. List your current knowledge about Britain between 1912 and 1945.
2. Using the internet via your device, research the following contextual topics and make notes in your own words.
- The role of women and employment between 1912 and 1945.
- Attitudes towards different social classes between 1912 and 1945.
- Employment laws, and any changes to these, between 1912 and 1945.
- Key events between 1912 and 1945.
3. Access ASSIGNMENTS on your Microsoft Teams account to answer the questions.